Coffee makers come in all sorts of forms, and it’s no surprise that manufacturers are churning out all types of them every year, or even every month. I’ve noticed that there’s always a new addition to the already vast family of coffee makers on the market.
There are famous and not-so-famous companies that make coffee makers. And of course, you may already have heard of one of the more famous ones, namely the company, Keurig Green Mountain. Keurig Green Mountain is a coffee machine manufacturer that’s known to many homes and offices all over the country.
The most famous contribution Keurig Green Mountain has given to the world of coffee is their trademark Keurig brewing system, a rather minimalistic or straightforward approach to brewing coffee, tea, and many other beverages.
The Convenience of the Keurig System
Many on-the-go people would prefer to have a Keurig in their homes. This is understandable, since Keurig makers tend to be easier to use, and are generally more convenient whenever one wakes up every single morning for that nice cup.
Because of Keurig’s brewing system, people will no longer have to put up with bland-tasting instant coffee every morning. Instead, a Keurig coffee machine can brew coffee as fast as one would make instant coffee. So, I think it’s a really massive advantage to have a Keurig available at home—especially if you’re a coffee connoisseur yourself.
Buying a Keurig Coffee Maker
What if you’re thinking of buying a Keurig coffee maker yourself? Would you know where to start? I actually think it’s like getting a new car. Your coffee maker of choice can really determine your taste and how dedicate you’d want to be as a drinker of coffee.
Here are some things that you first need to take a look at whenever you’re looking to buy a Keurig coffee maker.
• Control – No one wants a coffee maker that functions like a one-trick robot. We all have different tastes and preferences, so it’s only natural that we’d need a good degree of control for the coffee machines that we buy.
Although we want to brew a speedy cup of coffee, there are just some times when we want more control. Well, actually, most of the time, control is a pressing matter. In any case, you totally need to consider it when it comes to buying your first Keurig.
• Consistency – Aside from control, we’d want our coffee to have that consistent flavor. Keurig coffee pods are actually measured to meet the needs of every drinker. However, things may be a bit different when it comes to your coffee machine.
Every Keurig coffee maker is different. It’s no surprise, therefore, that flavors may vary with some of them every time you brew your coffee. So, why shouldn’t consistency be something to consider in the long run? You ought to take a look and test out some coffee makers before you even think of making a purchase.
• Speed – Want to get that daily fix as quick as you can before you leave for the office? Yes, we all know that Keurig coffee makers are ridiculously fast, but speed is still something you should look into. You may be the picky type who’d want a coffee maker that’s as fast as it can get.
Luckily, a lot of Keurig coffee makers in the market are marketed toward people who find it hard to even just eat breakfast. For these people, having coffee is already enough, as they’ve grown to not eat a full breakfast at all! Speed is of the essence for many, and that’s why it’s crucial.
• Versatility – You can always settle for the usual uses of a Keurig coffee maker. On the other hand, it’s always a great idea to have more uses of the machine. A Keurig can already brew coffee, tea, and even cocoa cartridges.
There are just days when you want to drink smaller or bigger cups, so having a Keurig coffee maker that allows you to get your fix that way is really convenient. Also, some allow for traditional cartridges, as opposed to the newer ones, which is a feature that gives way to a whole lot of other flavors.
• Ease of Use – If we want something that is quick, we ought to expect it to be easy to use, right? That’s why it’s a good thing to test out how the coffee maker works, before you even dish out some money to buy it.
So, what point is there in buying a coffee maker if it’s just a bit too complicated for you to use? It has to be easy and it should be able to get your everyday fill of coffee each and every time.
• Durability – You probably thought this wouldn’t make it to the list. And you probably also believe that the Keurig system compromises a bit on the side of durability. Maybe you’re correct—and that’s why it’s important to get a coffee maker that’ll last for a lifetime.
It’d be a pain if you buy a Keurig system maker that breaks down right away. You could at least get one that lasts for years. A future-proof coffee maker is always a good investment, and that’s why you ought to shell out some extra cash to get one.
The Best Keurig Coffee Makers Today
Are you thinking of popping into your local appliance center to buy a Keurig coffee maker? Sure, you’ve already got things in mind, but what if you just want a simpler, more straightforward guide to buying? You might as well go for reviews of the best ones out there, instead!
That said, here are some Keurig coffee makers that you can check out.
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish coffee maker, this one gives your house some color, in addition to its basic features. It’s easily the perfect machine if you want an additional accessory to your home. But it’s not just another stylish piece of appliance.
The Keurig K475 is also a step-up from the previous Keurig models, allowing you to brew a fresh cup of coffee in no time, every time you need your early morning dose of caffeine. It’s simple enough as it is stylish. If you’re into that, this could be the best Keurig for you.
You may not be the type to have people over to your house, so you might want to keep it simple. This single-serve Keurig already gives you everything you need, if you just want something that serves one cup. It also has sizing options for you, depending on how much you want.
Its brewing time is fast enough and it’s incredibly easy to use. In addition to that, cleaning up the reservoir, among other parts, is also easy to do. This one just provides you with everything if you don’t want more and more fuss.
Well, everything nowadays is touch-screen—including this newfangled Keurig coffee maker. So, it’s no surprise that many go for this product, considering its sleekness and versatility, which compromise for its price. It’s a leap in coffee-making technology, really!
Aside from that, its features are as basic as they get. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. It’s a marriage between the simple and the sophisticated in itself. So, if you want to have a futuristic coffee maker that’s sure to impress your guests, you might want to take a look at the Keurig 200 Plus Series for yourself.
Durable and efficient, the Keurig K50 is something that works the way you want it. It gives you that cup of coffee that is really up to your needs, whatever they may be. Additionally, it’s also priced fairly enough, which is great for many out there who are just getting into buying Keurigs.
This is one coffee maker I’m actually considering on getting to replace my old drip coffee machine. I tested one out myself, and I can definitely say that it functions as well as advertised. This could also be the coffee maker for you.
Incredibly fast brewing time and serves up to six people, the Keurig K40 is designed for people who just don’t have time to wait too long to serve coffee to friends and co-workers, so is ideal for the home or office. It’s a great addition to Keurig’s ever-growing product line.
It’s actually rather pricey, and requires much more consideration that what you’re bargaining for. However, getting the K40 is like buying a gourmet coffee maker, and I really don’t think you’ll regret the purchase. It’s a great maker for your money, especially if you don’t mind spending a little bit extra.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a Keurig coffee maker work?
You may have seen these coffee makers before. The basic function of a Keurig coffee maker is that it uses “K-Cups,” which are like cartridges that you place inside. It has a side chamber for water.
When water heats up, it then shoots and streams through the K-Up inside the coffee maker through an air pump, providing you with that perfect cup of coffee.
It’s simple enough, really, and saves you from the hassle of measuring, among other things.
How Do You Clean a Keurig Coffee Maker?
Cleaning is a little bit different for Keurigs in comparison to other coffee makers out there. But don’t worry—it’s actually not that hard.
1. First, you need to disassemble the removable parts. This ensures that you can clean the whole machine properly, leaving zero residue after cleaning.
2. Then, you start wiping the machine surface with a damp cloth. Make sure you’ve unplugged it to avoid accidents! You can use water mixed with vinegar, if you want a more thorough approach.
3. After which, fill the reservoir with water and let the machine run. This easily cleans up hard-to-reach parts. Not only will this remove stains and debris—it also sterilizes the machine in the process!
4. Lastly, wash all removable parts and rinse everything with water to ensure that no vinegar-y taste and smell gets left behind.
How Do You Descale a Keurig Coffee Machine?
Vinegar also descales the coffee maker, ridding you of all that icky hardwater. Measure the amount of vinegar carefully! Additionally, letting the coffee maker run, as with the third step above, can also remove lime buildup.
How Do You Prime a Keurig Coffee Maker?
Sometimes, you get the error message, saying that water failed to run through its chutes. Your machine is in need of priming.
It’s actually easy to do so. Some ways to prime your coffee maker is to remove and clean the water reservoir, clean the K-Cup coffee maker’s holder, and clean the filter screen. If none of that works, then you should go to your nearest services center.
Keurig vs Nespresso: Which Is the Best?
The Nespresso maker is sometimes seen as the rival to the Keurig coffee maker. But the choice is entirely up to you! Keurig coffee machines give you a good foundation in brewing black coffee, whereas the Nespresso gives you that creamy espresso that you can use for many other things.
I know my advice isn’t too helpful, but it all really depends on your needs and preferences.
When buying a new appliance, it can be tough to choose the one that’s best for you. That said, it’s easy enough whenever you have a guide handy 🙂